April 16, 2011

Open Airways

This semester i volunteered for Open Airways School Program.  Every Friday afternoon, my friend, DaLynn, and i would go to an elementary school in Provo and teach kids that already have asthma, how to deal with it.  It is a great program, and i learned a lot, not only about asthma but about my thoughts about my future career.  I learned that i could never be a teacher, i don't like having to call students out and disciplining them, especially when i don't know them that well.  It did reaffirm my certainty that i love kids, they are so fun to work with and have so much energy.  They also never cease to amaze me on how much they know, and how they soak in so much information.
Here is our little class :) (we usually had a few more students, but they were a no show?!)

1 comment: