October 2, 2011

Conference Weekend

I Love Conference. 
Lets face it, its basically a good excuse to be lazy and hang out in Pj's all day, while being spiritually uplifted, nothing better, right?!
Well, Saturday was just that. After conference, Elissa, and i threw a Bridal Shower for our best friend/my roommate, Anna. Elissa is definitely her mother's daughter because she came in with the cutest crafty decorations, while i provided the desserts and a game.  The only bummer is that Anna is getting married (obviously) which means she is not going to be my roommate anymore, and, seriously, i am so sad! She has been such a great roommate, who i can always come home to and know that i can just spill my guts to and be able to get advise about what to do or just be able to have a good laugh with...but we will always have our friendship (cheesy, i know, haha)!
{The Advise Jar}
{Dessert Table}
{We kept it simple & did just a brownie bar}
{Elissa's ADORABLE banner and cute "pom poms"}
{Danica, me, Anna, & Elissa}

Sunday, Danica and i were able to get conference tickets for the afternoon session from our Bishop. And what made it even better is that Janessa decided to come up with us in hopes to just get a ticket there.  So when we got to the conference center, we were saying goodbye and good luck to Janessa with getting a ticket (because there were SO many people outside too asking for a ticket) and there was a cute couple next to us that apparently saw us saying bye to her and the couple had only one ticket, so they just gave it to her! I was so glad that Janessa was able to go in too! After conference, Janessa, Danica, and i went to my Grandma's house and was able to have Sunday dinner with her and Roy, and it was just so good to have a home cooked meal and have some good family time. Afterwards, we listened as my Grandma told us how she met my Grandpa. It was so adorable and it made me so grateful for my family. Overall, it was a great day full of uplifting messages, laughter, and overfilled bellies.
'

 {silly faces}
 {me, Danica, & Janessa}

1 comment: